1.27.2011

It's getting late..

But I feel like I have been neglecting the blog.  School started back last week and I feel like I am already up to my ears in work.  Ironically, I was just writing a post in my English class about how writing was such a great outlet and I love to sit down and unwind at the end of my day.  And yet, I haven't done it.  So, I figured tonight I should hop back on.  I am trying desperately to stay on top of things this semester to avoid the several meltdowns I experienced last semester.  Luckily, I like my classes a lot better this semester.
The schedule this semester does seem to have made a huge difference in my relationship with Steve.  I guess we weren't just putting off happiness after all.  We are so much less cranky.  Both of us.  We still need to tweak a few things, but the overall attitude in our house has become much more pleasant.  He is home on Thursday, but Kira is at preschool.  We got nothing accomplished today.  Which was nice, because we just hung around and got some quality cuddles in.  You know I love me some time with my honey.   But also sucked because we had about 8,000 things that could have gotten done.  But could shmould.  It was a great day.
It has been a great week.  I truly learned the value of friends this week.  I have missed my girls so much, but I got a chance to really reconnect with my playgroup this week (one of my goals for the new year).  I forgot how nice it is to have a set time every week to get some quality adult conversation.  And it is equally enjoyable to watch Kira interact with the other kids.  And have other kids to play with her so I don't have to.  Not that I don' love that, but every mama needs a break once in a while.  I can only sing 'Ring Around the Rosie' so many times before I am about ready to bring back the plague.
Yesterday started out pretty sucky.  I lost my temper with Kira, which seems pretty rare, but was out of control yesterday.  She picked up my full juice glass, then ignored my increasingly frantic demands that she put it down.  I went over and snatched it out of her hands, only to fling it all over the living room.  I almost certainly made a much larger mess than she would have.  The thing is, you want to scream at her, scream at someone, even more after something like that happens, but the only one I had to blame was myself.  We were rushing around the house, trying to get out the door to make it to story time at Barnes and Noble.  After a few quiet minutes in the car, I realized that I was flipping out because we were late for story time.  Infant story time.  What, are they going to send us to the principal if we are late?  We have to go to the playground instead?  I am still not sure why I let myself get so worked up about it.  I haven't been sleeping well.  It messes with my tolerance.  Luckily, I ran into a friend at story time that I haven't seen in way too long.  Ironically,we had been texting just that morning about how we needed to get together.  And, just as surprisingly, what started out as an awful day turned into a great one.  We went to lunch, shared our misery, then let the kids run out all of their energy at the playground while we had a wonderful chat.  Kira literally ran out ALL of her energy.  Right before we left, she literally laid down on the floor, face down and cried "Bye Bye! Bye Bye!".  Poor thing.  She had so much fun chasing 3-year-old Jonathan around though.  And I Loved seeing Issac, who is just a month younger than Aria and full of personality!  And adorably big ears!  If you have met my husband, you know I dig those!  Haha.  Anyway, praise the Lord for good friends.
But now I am tired.  Aria hasn't been sleeping well.  I haven't been sleeping well.  So I am off to bed, to hopefully not to toss and turn and wake up wandering around my house in the middle of the night.  (I have done it at least twice in the past couple of days, never a good sign).  Good night all.      

No comments:

Post a Comment