11.26.2010

7 Days to be Thankful - Day 5

I am thankful for cheap toys.
Yep, that's right.  I said I wasn't gonna, but Toys'R'Us called and I ran to answer.  Well, actually waited in line for 2 hours in the very cold rain, but same difference right?
In good news, I got $400 worth of toys for only $200.  And I learned some excellent tips for next year.  As much as I was dreading it, I will definitely be right there in line again next year!
In bad news, I got home at 2am.  When I left at 8:45, Steve asked why I was leaving so early.  Next year, I am heading out 30 minutes earlier!  The line wrapped around the building AND the parking lot.  Could have been worse: people were in tents for Best Buy!  
It was a MADHOUSE inside.  I will say, they had a ton of stock though.  Except those dang Polly Pockets.  I totally missed that one.  And the 'puppy love' baby doll.  Oh well, live and learn.  I got everything else on my list.  I REALLY wanted the Powerwheels Quad rider, I was worried I wouldn't get it, but of course they had about 200 of them in the middle of the main aisle.  Yay.  Christmas shopping is pretty much done for the kids.  I have to make a couple of things for my nieces, but that will happen when it happens.  So far as spending, they are done.
There is something really nice about for once feeling like I am on top of something.
Overall I am pretty thrilled.  I gotta say: I am thankful for Black Friday. (And come Christmas Day, Kira will be too!  I am thankful for that as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment