11.23.2010

Week of Thanksgiving - Day 2

Today I am thankful for the quiet.  Steve is downstairs, the kids are in bed, the tv is off.  Silence.  Wonderful silence.  Except the exceedingly annoying buzz of the monitor.  That is what I get for using the $12 monitor I bought at Walmart.  But while we are at it, I am thankful for Walmart.  I am thankful for this crappy monitor that I almost never use, but always truly appreciate when I do.





I am thankful for my kids.  I am thankful that they are growing bigger and stronger everyday.  You know, when I work in the nursery at church on Sunday morning, there are a couple of babies who just have the sweetest, tiniest cry.  Not me, my baby wails like a banshee.  So, I am thankful for my baby's strong little lungs, even when I feel like she is gonna bust out my eardrums.  At least I know she is healthy.

I am even thankful for my girl's flair for the dramatic.  Steve and I decided today that one of them is definitely going to be a soap opera actress!  It is amazing how fast both of them can go from totally happy to totally melting down.  But I am thankful because I am the one they run to at the end of their breaking point.  I get to hug them and hold them and tell them everything will be alright.  And that makes me feel like everything will be alright.  Mostly, I am just thankful that they are a part of my life, when they are good, and when they are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment