10.06.2010

Day 5- An Unexpected Moment of Clarity

I am finding that sometimes the best thing to do with my children is simply to follow their lead.  I ran into challenge #2 today when confronted with a busy schedule.  I was wondering what we were going to do today, what we would have time to do.  I almost began to look at it like one more thing in an overcrowded day.  But that isn't really the point.  It isn't one more thing to check off my to-do list, this is my relationship with my children, this IS my to-do list.  Luckily, Kira was there to keep me in line.  We got home from our friend's house and Kira refused to get out of the car, she wanted to explore.  She is becoming increasingly obsessed with the car.  She takes in the point of view from each seat, learns how to operate the buttons, honks the horn.  So instead of rushing through my life, hurrying her into the house so we could get dinner on the table, clean the dishes, get ready for bed, and the rest of the usual evening routine, we just hung out in the car.  I know, it's an odd thing to do, but we are kind of an odd little family.  I wouldn't have us any other way.  I like it just the way we are.   If I really sit back and pay attention, what could be more amazing than watching my child discover the world.  How could one not believe in God when they look in their child's eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment