10.08.2010

Day 7 - My Little Mama and the Kindness of Strangers

We had a few fun-filled activities on the agenda today: park in the morning, playdate at Kids in Action, then lunch with a friend.  It was a good time for all, especially Kira and Ariana!
Afterward we went to Hobby Lobby.  While in line my friend had to emergency bail, leaving me with 2 kids and a full cart.  There was no way I was gonna be able to get everything out to the car at once.  Kira was way past needing a nap and refusing to walk or sit in the tiny space I made for her in the cart, and I couldn't drive 2 carts simultaneously.  Luckily, Hobby Lobby is filled with Grandmas who are more than happy to lend a helping hand.  Two different women saw me struggling and came to my aid.  With their help we all made it to the car intact.  I am always surprised by the kindness of those around me.  People say that others don't care, that everyone looks out only for themselves, but as I move through this world I have found exactly the opposite is true.  People are wonderful.
The other thing of note that happened today involved Kira, my mama in the making.  I baked cookies to take to LIFE group tonight.  I had to put Ariana down in order to get them on the sheet and in the oven.  While Ariana is getting much better at entertaining herself, much to my delight, she had had enough when I was about halfway through.  Since my hands were covered in dough and flour, she would just have to have a lesson in patience.  Luck for her, her sweetest sister came to her rescue.  Kira laid down next to her and stroked her back, then went and got a book and 'read' it to her to calm her.  It truly warmed my heart.  They are such sweet little girls.  I am so blessed to be a part of their little lives.    

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute!! I am still hoping Korvin does not give his brother whiplash in the bouncer. I am so glad the old ladies helped you out too that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete